In our Lawman Thursday edition, we talked to the Sheriff about:
- His presentation to the County Legislature’s Public Safety Committee on body-worn cameras. The county is looking for matching funds to help pay for them.
- A study of fatal accidents that found the top three factors are driver inattention, speed and failure to yield the right of way.
- Five promotions within the department.
- A decrease in COVID-19 cases among county jail staff and inmates.
- A recruiting open house on February 23.
- The 24/7 medication drop box at the Sheriff’s Department on County House Road.