First responders from Schuyler County were called to an early morning fire on County Road 14. The home at that address was destroyed, but was under renovation at the time of the fire.
It happened during the early morning hours on New Years Eve.
The two-story wood frame home was vacant, but an electrical box malfunction in the basement caused the fire.
The three-alarm fire prompted a response from Burdett, Montour Falls, Watkins Glen, Mecklenburg, Newfield, Millport, & Town & Country. Schuyler Ambulance also responded to the scene.
No firefighters were injured knocking down the blaze.
The Schuyler County Sheriff’s Office, New York State Police, Schuyler County Emergency Management and NYSEG were on-scene too.
The fire remains under investigation.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]