Syracuse University has postponed its next two men’s basketball games due to COVID.
Now, the University has announced a suspension of food and beverage service at the Dome as part of additional health protocols. Read the full release below:
Citing the sudden and sharp increase in COVID cases on the Syracuse University campus and in the Central New York community, John Wildhack, director of athletics, and Pete Sala, vice president and chief facilities officer, today announced additional public health protocols that will go into effect immediately at athletic events at the stadium.
These new measures include:
- All fans age 5 and up are required to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID test. Proof must be shown at the gate to secure entry to the stadium. (Newborns to age 4 do not require a vaccination or a test result to enter the facility.)
- The Courtside Lounge will be closed.
- Club 44 will be closed.
- No food or alcohol will be served at the stadium; water, soft drinks and coffee will be available for purchase at the cashless registers in the concourse.
- Pre-game courtside gathering will be prohibited.
These revised measures are intended to help mitigate the potential risk of spreading COVID while providing student-athletes and fans a safe and enjoyable environment. Syracuse Athletics and the members of the men’s and women’s basketball teams are thankful for the continued support of Orange fans.
The stadium will continue to operate in accordance with the existing guidance and protocols prescribed by NYS and the Onondaga County Department of Health. Those existing local public health regulations will continue to be strictly enforced at the stadium. These include:
- Masks are required for all patrons over the age of two (vaccinated and unvaccinated) when not actively eating or drinking, while indoors at the stadium and outdoors when in the presence of others for all events.
- Patrons displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with someone that may have been exposed, or have a temperature exceeding 100.4° F are asked to stay home.
- For safety and security, the stadium will enforce a Clear Bag Policy. Each fan is allowed one clear bag one small clutch or purse. Fans will be asked to return non-approved bags to their vehicle prior to stadium entry. Please visit the stadium entry/clear bag page for additional information.
- Stadium staff will not accept or provide a holding area for prohibited items. Please visit the Stadium Guest Services page for more information on prohibited items.
- Fans should enter the stadium at the designated gate on their ticket. They should arrive early to avoid delays and allow additional time to go through the entry validation process.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available on the concourse levels.
- Dedicated sanitizing staff are assigned to monitor and treat frequently touched surfaces.
Please note that tests will not be available on campus. For information on testing availability, please visit:
- Onondaga County – https://covid19.ongov.net/appointments
- New York State – https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you
Fans who are not able to provide proof of full vaccination or a valid negative COVID-19 test according to the conditions above will not be allowed to enter the stadium. Over-the-counter test kit results are not accepted.
These changes will remain in effect until further notice. Fans with questions are encouraged to call 1-888-DOME-TIX or email [email protected].
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]