Thanks to the community coming together, a business in Waterloo was able to reopen after a devastating fire in April ahead of expectation.
Bill Twist, owner of Community Car Care on East Main Street in Waterloo, told the Finger Lakes Times that it would be a year after the devastating blaze.
Community Car Care opened in 2007. The fire earlier this year destroyed much of the building. It was caused by gas or gas fumes igniting by a heating unit.
“My wife Barb and I were there every day,” Bill told the FLT. “My good friend, Jeff Sobus, also put in a lot of time and effort to clean up and then to rebuild the structure. The Arno Brothers did the drywalls and ceiling, and Superior Insulation of Auburn did the insulation,” Twist reported. “Chester Burkholder of Waterloo and his crew were a great help, as was Dwayne Zimmerman.”
The list went on-and-on as Twist named all the people who helped make his business come back to life.
The new building that went up where the fire happened has three bays. It’s taller, to accommodate larger trucks, but aside from that isn’t much different than the old building.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].