As mother nature turns down the thermostat, our team recognizes some site specific cold weather behaviors such as slowing down be it on foot or driving. There are many snow & ice safety tips that are constant no matter at work, home or play:
– Use proper clothing and footwear.
– Walk like a penguin.
– Use sufficiently treaded & inflated tires when driving.
– Use a light touch on acceleration and braking.
– Understand your vehicle braking capacity and brake early.
– Leave extra room for maneuvering.
– Be on alert for black ice conditions.
And most of all, slow down. The posted speed limits do not apply with snowy & icy road conditions. Braking ability, maneuverability and visibility are often reduced. Speed kills and we all want to get home safe.
Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning. Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).