Union Springs family loses home, pet in weekend fire

First responders say it took nearly an hour to get flames under control and now a Union Springs family is homeless after a fire on Sunday.

There was heavy damage to the kitchen and surrounding area. At this point, fire investigators believe the fire started there.




The family lost a pet in the blaze, according to first responders.

No additional information was immediately available.


Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).