The Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office and Auburn Police Department executed a joint- underage alcohol sales compliance detail this week, resulting in a number of local violations.
The detail took place on Friday, April 18 according to Sheriff Brian Schenck who announced the results in a press release.
Altogether 54 businesses were checked for compliance using volunteers under the age of 21. The volunteers attempted to purchase alcohol.
Sheriff Schenck says the following businesses were found to be in violation- selling alcohol to those under 21:
– Ed & Jeans Market, located in Port Byron.
– Lunkenheimer Craft Brewery, located in Weedsport.
Owasco Market, located in Auburn.
– New Hope Naturals, located in Moravia.
– Modern Market, located in Moravia.
– Aurora Brewing Company, located in King Ferry.
– CJ’s Pub and Restaurant, located in Weedsport.
Sheriff Schenck says those that were directly responsible for the sales at each location will be processed and charged at a later date.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]kes1.com.