A number of local hospitals are increasing visitation, as cases of COVID-19 in the Finger Lakes deceases.
Effective Monday, April 5, visitation at Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, and United Memorial Medical Center will expand to allow a maximum of two visitors per patient per day for up to four hours each at the bedside.
Due to social distancing concerns, only one visitor will be permitted at a time. Visitors will be required to check in after being screened at the door.
Other changes to the policy include:
- Pediatrics (permits two support persons together).
- Each patient may have two support persons 24/7
- Labor and Delivery (permits two support persons together)
- Each patient may have two support persons 24/7.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (permits two persons together).
- Each patient may have one support person 24/7 and one visitor for a maximum of four hours per day during scheduled visiting hours.
- Rochester General Hospital: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Unity Hospital: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Newark-Wayne Community Hospital: Monday – Friday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- United Memorial Medical Center: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Visitation is still prohibited for ED patients, COVID-19 positive patients, patients awaiting COVID-19 test results, cancer infusion centers, and inpatient behavioral health (chemical dependency and mental health).
For more information, please visit our website at www.rochesterregional.org.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]