While the Buffalo Sabres just wrapped up training camp ahead of their 2020-21 season on Tuesday, the Rochester Americans are set to kick off their training camp for the upcoming campaign on Friday.
The team announced on Wednesday that its training camp will open on Jan. 15 at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, with all sessions taking place at 11 a.m. EST and being closed to the public.
The #Amerks announced today at that training camp in Rochester is set to begin this Friday, Jan. 15 at Blue Cross Arena. The camp roster has yet to be announced, as they start their season on Friday, Feb. 5. #Sabres
— Brayton J. Wilson (@BraytonJWilson) January 13, 2021
The team did not announce its roster yet for training camp, but it is expected that a number of player who just took part in Buffalo’s training camp will be in attendance. Some of those players include forwards Arttu Ruotsalainen, Andrew Oglevie, Brandon Biro, Steven Fogarty, Brett Murray and C.J. Smith, defensemen Jacob Bryson, Mattias Samuelsson, Casey Fitzgerald and Ryan Jones, as well as goalies Dustin Tokarski and Michael Houser.
A couple of other notable prospects are expected to be at Amerks training camp at some point before the start of training camp. Those players are defenseman Oskari Laaksonen and goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, who started the 2020-21 season playing overseas in the Finnish Liiga.
Here is the schedule of practices for Amerks training camp:
– Friday, Jan. 15: 11 a.m. EST
– Saturday, Jan. 16: 11 a.m. EST
– Sunday, Jan. 17: 11 a.m. EST
– Monday, Jan. 18: 11 a.m. EST
– Tuesday, Jan. 19: DAY OFF
– Wednesday, Jan. 20: 11 a.m. EST
– Thursday, Jan. 21: 11 a.m. EST
– Friday, Jan. 22: 11 a.m. EST
– Saturday, Jan. 23: 11 a.m. EST
– Sunday, Jan. 24: DAY OFF
– Monday, Jan. 25: 11 a.m. EST
– Tuesday, Jan. 26: 11 a.m. EST
– Wednesday, Jan. 27: 11 a.m. EST
– Thursday, Jan. 28: DAY OFF
– Friday, Jan. 29: 11 a.m. EST
– Saturday, Jan. 30: 11 a.m. EST