Rochester Institute of Technology junior forward Jake Joffe (Toronto, Ontario) notched a goal in the Tigers’ 3-1 setback at Robert Morris, Saturday night, in Atlantic Hockey action.
RIT senior goalie Logan Drackett (Calgary, Alberta) finished the night with 18 stops to break RIT’s Division I era career saves record, surpassing Mike Rotolo (Rochester, NY/Cedar Rapids Roughriders) ’17 (2,355) with 2,362 to date.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Robert Morris notched the lone goal of the opening period. Junior forward Jordan Timmons skated down the right wing boards and wrapped around the Tiger net to tuck a shot inside the near post with 11:17 left in the first.
- RIT notched a power play goal to even the score with 9:08 left in the second. Senior forward Nick Bruce (Fall River, Nova Scotia/Johnstown Tomahawks) skated through the slot and spun around for a shot on goal that deflected off a Colonial defenseman’s skate to Joffe on the left post for an open finish.
- Robert Morris freshman forward Randy Hernandez broke the tie on a right-wing rush with a back-hander across the front of the crease with 10:09 left in regulation.
- The Colonials tacked on an empty-net goal with 27 seconds on the clock to seal the win.
- Drackett made his 93rd appearance in an RIT sweater, one short of Rotolo’s program record 94 games played from 2013-17. He is also tied with Jared DeMichiel ’10 for first with 41 career victories.
- RIT finished the game with a 24-21 shooting advantage.
RIT takes on the host Colonials on Sunday (Jan. 3) in a rematch set for a 4:05 p.m. face-off.