Monday, December 28th will mark the first business day since the holiday weekend. We expect to hear from all health departments in the region by 6 p.m. We will be publishing updated numbers to our COVID-19 Dashboard, as well as situational updates here.
Here’s what officials are saying:
– Cayuga County reported 90 new cases and nine residential cases at correctional facilities on Monday. They also noted that a male in his 60s passed away from COVID-19. There were 716 active cases in isolation, and 4,588 individuals in mandatory quarantine. There were 43 active COVID-19 hospitalizations, as well as 15 total deaths.
– Ontario County officials warned residents about a COVID cluster connected to a funeral that was held last month. They also reported 57 new cases, with a total of 667 COVID-19 positive individuals. There are 35 individuals hospitalized and 55 total deaths.
– Schuyler County reported 30 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday. It brought the total number of active cases to 68, which is the highest number that county has seen to this point in the pandemic. There are currently four residents hospitalized. The County also reported one new death, bringing the total number of lives claimed by the virus to 10 there.
– Seneca County reported 141 active cases of COVID-19. There were a total of 30 deaths reported to date on Monday, as well as 11 individuals actively hospitalized. The total number of active cases declined by more than two dozen since the health department’s last update on Christmas Day.
– Yates County reported 35 new cases since their last update on Christmas Eve. It brought the number of active cases to 51, with three people hospitalized, and nine total deaths. Four cases are related to long term care, 18 cases are close contacts or had known exposure to previous positive cases, two cases are Dundee Central School District students, two cases are Dundee Central School District employees, and one case is a Penn Yan Central School District employee.
Check back for updates throughout the day.