The Coronavirus Pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. Check out our interactive dashboard with the latest data and headlines by clicking here or visiting www.fingerlakes1.com/coronavirus. Here’s what public health officials said in their situational updates for Wednesday, December 23rd.
Editor’s Note: Counties that are not listed have not issued their daily reports yet. They will be added as they are received by the newsroom.
– Cayuga County reported 121 new cases, as well as three cases at local correctional facilities. It brought the total number of active cases to 610, with 3,562 in mandatory quarantine. There were 35 residents hospitalized (six new), and a total of 13 deaths (no change).
– Cortland County reported a total of 263 active cases along with 1,211 people in mandatory quarantine. They noted 24 hospitalizations, as well as 25 total deaths.
– Schuyler County reported one new death on Wednesday brought on by the Coronavirus Pandemic. Public Health officials said there were 58 active cases, which was an increase of five over the previous day. There were four residents hospitalized and nine total deaths, which represented increases of three and one in each of those categories. There were a total of 197 people in mandatory quarantine.
– Seneca County reported 11 new cases of COVID-19. Officials there said none of them were tied to the nursing home outbreak at Huntington Living Center. However, there were two new deaths reported in Seneca and both of those were connected to that facility. There were 158 active cases as of Wednesday, which was an overall reduction of 19 cases. There were three fewer hospitalizations, bringing the total there to six, and 30 total deaths.
– Ontario County reported 77 new cases, which brings the total number of active COVID-19 cases to 647. There were 820 pepole in mandatory isolation. The number of deaths connected to COVID-19 rose by one hitting 48. There were 21 residents hospitalized, which was four less than the day prior.
– Steuben County reported 84 new cases on Wednesday. It was the most-cases ever reported in a single day for Ontario County. There were 39 hospitalizations and 132 deaths.
– Wayne County reported 46 new cases, which brought the total number of active cases to 468. There were 36 hospitalizations, which was an increase of three from the previous day. Altogether there have been 22 deaths.
– Yates County reported two new cases with 194 in mandatory quarantine. They reported a total of four hospitalized residents, as well as nine total deaths. There are 32 active cases at this point.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]