Governor Andrew Cuomo announced on Wednesday that beginning next week regular ‘daily briefings’, in the style of the spring briefings for updates on the Coronavirus Pandemic will begin next Monday.
They will take place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
Here are the highlights from his Wednesday update:
– New York State faces a $10 billion budget gap and needs federal help more than ever.
– While the state has one of the lowest infection rates in the U.S. the rate is growing too fast.
– Hospitalizations in the last three weeks increased by 213% in the Finger Lakes, 163% in Central New York, and 12% in the Southern Tier. Western New York leads that category with 262% growth in hospitalization. There were a total of 3,924 people hospitalized as of Wednesday.
– The state’s positivity rate sat at 4.21%.
– Vaccine distribution will begin in the coming weeks, starting at nursing homes.
Watch the briefing below:
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]