Skip to content

First responders battle flames at abandoned commercial structure in Ontario County

Deputies say firefighters battled a blaze at an abandoned commercial building in Shortsville around 10 p.m. on Thursday.

Firefighters from Shortsville and Manchester both responded to 1755 Pioneer Road for the report of a building engulfed in flames.


The first deputies on scene confirmed the fire and called for reinforcements. There was no one inside the structure at the time of the incident, according to deputies.

They were able to secure the scene and prevent the flames from spreading to neighboring structures.

Pioneer Road was closed for approximately an hour and a half.

Top