During his press briefing on Friday, Governor Andrew Cuomo said his administration is working out the details of a plan that would potentially allow outdoor dining to return.
Last week, the Town of Greece attempted to pass a local ordinance that would allow restaurant owners to apply for a permit to begin immediately.
While that did not come to fruition, the Governor said it’s something that’s being considered – possibly for Phase 3.
“We are looking at those guidelines and we haven’t decided yet, but there is a possibility that you could separate outdoor dining,” Robert Muijca, Director of the New York State Division of Budget said. “It’s a little different depending on parts of the state and what access you have to sidewalks and spaces for outdoor dining, but there is something that’s under review.”
“We have to look at it,” Gov. Cuomo added.
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.