The Penn Yan Police Department reports that first responders were called to a house fire on Benham Street over the weekend in the village.
The call came in Saturday around 10:30 a.m. for a houses fire at 130 Benham Street.
Police say smoke was seen coming from an electrical service connected to the house. Fire personnel were able to put the fire out – and limit damage to the home.
The cause of the fire was determined to be water leaking into the electrical service.
Penn Yan Ambulance, Himrod Fire Department, and Penn Yan Municipal Electric responded.
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.