– By Josh Durso
The Cayuga Nation will reopen its Lakeside Entertainment gaming facility in Union Springs on Friday. They say normal operation, without restrictions will resume as soon as they deem appropriate.
The Nation announced through a press release that the facility would open at 10 a.m. with appropriate personal protective measures in place.
“As other businesses in the Central New York and Finger Lakes regions are beginning to reopen on May 15, our Gaming Commission viewed this as an appropriate time to resume operations, with new health and safety guidelines issued by the National Indian Gaming Commission in place and with consideration of federal guidelines,” Clint Halftown said in a press release. “We voluntarily closed Lakeside in March, but now is the time to carefully renew operations.”
The press release says the Cayuga Nation will begin by reducing the number of machines available at the facility to 31. They say it represents a reduction of two-thirds its ordinary operating capacity.
In addition, the following protocols will be in place:
– Patrons and staff will have temperatures taken upon entering;
– Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times by patrons and staff;
– Six-foot social distancing will be mandatory, and staff members will assure the practice is being followed;
– Machines will be sanitized between uses and surfaces will be sanitized hourly; and
– Hand sanitizing stations will be liberally placed throughout the facility.
“We want to be sure that our customers and the public at large are properly protected as we initially go forward on this limited basis,” Halftown added in the press release. “We look forward to resuming full operations as soon as we think it is advisable to do so.”