As the Seneca Falls Central School District contends with the end of the academic year and financial uncertainty – officials say recently proposed retirement incentives have helped close the budget gap.
The school board recently approved the retirements of eight staff members last week. A total savings of $115,000 was realized through the move.
The FLT reports that the following staff accepted offers:
– Kirk Ward, physical education teacher
– Michael Miller, physical education teacher
– Lee Foster, middle school science teacher
– Andrew Day, high school art teacher
– Paula Chacchia, elementary reading teacher
– Theresa Gable, middle school science teacher
– Karen Demuth, high school math teacher
– Joanne Wood, senior typist
Clingerman said the district’s intention is to refill all eight positions with either rehired or new staff members, according to the FLT, but a great deal of uncertainty remains.