The day after a vigil was held at the Palmyra Community Center for Conrad and Mary Button, who died in a Farmington fire this week, a GoFundMe to cover funeral costs was posted online.
More than 80 had donated as of Friday afternoon, and the fund had received more than $3,000 in total donations.
The donations were being sought to cover funeral costs.
Community gathers to remember, celebrate Conrad and Mary Button in Palmyra
Family, friends and classmates celebrated the lives of a Farmington boy and his grandmother who died in a house fire on Tuesday.
In lanterns, candles, songs and prayers, people packed in together at the Palmyra Community Center, to share in the warmth of their love and memories of Conrad and Mary Button.
The two were killed after a fire ripped through Mary’s Farmington home on Tuesday.
“He was really really outgoing, really funny and really energetic, he always made everyone smile,” Logan Herbst said.
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.