With a sense of urgency, the Town Board Tuesday opened bids from five law firms or individual attorneys to provide legal services to the town in 2020.
Town Attorney David Foster’s position will not be retained by the new board that will be seated Jan. 1. Foster, of Geneva, has served as town attorney since July 2017 after the resignation of Patrick Morrell that same month.
Those submitting bids:
– Midey, Mirras & Ricci law firm of Seneca Falls.
– Attorney Patrick Morrell of Seneca Falls.
– Boylan Code law firm of Rochester.
– Attorney Thomas Blair of Cheney & Blair of Skaneateles.
– Hancock & Estabrook law firm of Rochester.
Supervisor Greg Lazzaro named board members Doug Avery and David DeLelys as a committee to review the proposals and make a recommendation at a special meeting later this month.