After 16 months serving on an interim basis, Dr. Bradley Fuster has been appointed Keuka College’s permanent provost and vice president for academic affairs.
“Brad has been an incredible addition to the Keuka College leadership team,” said College President Amy Storey. “His energetic style, analytic thinking, and knowledge of academic affairs are stellar. And he’s established himself as a collaborative leader, working with our tremendous faculty to quickly build an impressive track record of success.”
That track record is not only “impressive,” it’s lengthy. In the 16 months since his appointment, Dr. Fuster has:
- Led the College in establishing new degrees in Community Health and Wellness, Health Sciences, and Esports Management, with more in the pipeline;
- Reinvigorated relationships with regional Community College partners;
- Supervised an effort to revise and update the College’s Faculty Handbook;
- Improved budgeting and budget management;
- Overseen the development of an on-site leadership program for the College’s Academic Council;
- Secured an online certificate for a Wines of the Finger Lakes academic program;
- Enhanced the Provost’s Distinguished Lecture Series; and
- Led the faculty in transitioning to a digital literacy model, ensuring students obtain all necessary digital skills regardless of major;
- Implemented Divisional Dashboards to better link resource allocation with data; and
- Moved Student Evaluations of Instructions (SEIs) to an online format.
“It’s been a busy and challenging 16 months,” said Dr. Fuster. “But it has also been invigorating and incredibly rewarding. None of these accomplishments were realized alone, but rather are the fruits of collaborative labor generously offered by a team of talented administrators and forward-looking faculty and staff. I’m grateful to President Storey and the Board of Trustees for the faith they have placed in my leadership. I look forward to working hand-in-hand with College faculty and leadership to build on the successes we have attained, and to continue to provide rich educational and experiential learning opportunities for our students.”
Dr. Fuster joined the College in July 2018, coming from SUNY Buffalo State College, where he was associate vice president for institutional effectiveness. His 15 years at SUNY Buffalo also saw him serve as music department chair and full professor, interim associate vice president of enrollment management, and interim chief information officer.
He holds a Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of Southern California and is an accomplished percussionist, having toured and recorded with professional orchestras throughout the world.
Dr. Fuster holds additional degrees from SUNY Geneseo and Yale University. He is married to Dr. Lisa Hunter, who serves as vice president of Ad Astra Information Systems. They have two teenage boys and a rescued Boston Terrier named Rocket.
To have the latest delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! – Android (All Android Devices) – iOS (iPhone, iPad)