The Tompkins County Public Safety Building was evacuated for a short time Wednesday morning after reports of smoke in a control room.
The cause of the smoke as been identified as a malfunctioning gate that jammed and caused smoke in the facilities’ control room.
“At approximately 10 a.m. a jammed outside gate was discovered, which caused a component of the control panel inside the facility to fail, creating a small amount of smoke,” said Tompkins County Public Information Officer Marcia Lynch in a statement Wednesday morning.
Read more from the Ithaca Voice
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.