A woman is in the hospital after a house fire Monday night in Camillus, and the fire chief says a smoke detector may have saved her life.
The Warners-Memphis fire department got a call before nine about a house fire on Van Alstine Road. They found the house at the top of a quarter-mile uphill driveway, and said there was a lot of heat coming from the building.
The fire chief tells CNYCentral the homeowner was sleeping and the smoke detectors in her house woke her up. The fire was contained to one part of the house, but gave off a lot of smoke.
The chief says there were several dogs in the basement, but they are all okay. There was also a horse near the home when firefighters arrived, and it is okay as well.
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.