School is in session. Kids are rushing to the playing fields, anxious with homework on their minds, and our grown up behaviors are the best example to help our kids to be safe.
The following are a few safe driving tips especially around school zones and neighborhoods where kids are present.
- Be aware of pick up and drop off times.
- Watch for bicycles darting between lanes.
- Never pass vehicles in no passing zones or around school zones as children could be crossing.
- Avoid blocking crosswalks.
- Be alert for school buses preparing to load or unload.
Safety Moment is a monthly feature on FingerLakes1.com produced in conjunction with Kyle Black, of Seneca Meadows, Inc.