Skip to content
Auburn Auto Group (banner)
Home » News » Fire » Junius home damaged by fire; Magee first responder transported to GGH for heat exhaustion

Junius home damaged by fire; Magee first responder transported to GGH for heat exhaustion

 

Deputies say that one firefighter had to be transported to Geneva General Hospital following a structure fire on Whiskey Hill Road in the Town of Junius.

While the fire was quickly extinguished by first responders upon arrival – and none of the occupants were hurt – the Magee firefighter suffered heat exhaustion, according to deputies.

The fire was reported around 5 p.m. at 684 Whiskey Hill Road. The residents were identified as Debbra Dean-Singer, 43, and Shane Furman, 29, as well as their four children, who had just returned home from running errands.

The firefighter was released from the hospital a short time later, according to deputies. They report that the fire was contained to the living room, but the home sustained moderate smoke damage.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross until the house can be repaired, deputies say. They note that the home was insured. A number of pets including spiders, a rabbit, and bird did not survive.

However, the family’s two dogs, cat, and another rabbit did survive and were rescued. They’re currently being housed at the Beverly Animal Shelter.

Investigation into the fire is ongoing.


To have the latest updates, information, and headlines delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! Android (All Android Devices) iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Top