First responders in Geneva responded to Sherill Street this afternoon for a structure fire with reports of people trapped inside.
Upon arrival, first responders were met with fire from the rear of the structure and heavy smoke.
Hydrant Hose Company No. 1 says conditions were harsh, but that firefighters pushed and extinguished the blaze quickly.
In that process, all people made it out safely. However, one resident was injured, according to first responders.
Hydrant Hose says one firefighter was injured, too – suffering a serious laceration to his arm. That individual was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
“A great big thank you to our mutual aid companies and the Geneva Police Department for assistance,” Hydrant Hose said in a post to Facebook.