A balanced scoring attack, featuring four players in double-digits, helped lead Syracuse (11-4, 2-0 ACC) to its fourth-consecutive win Wednesday evening against Clemson (10-5, 0-2 ACC) in the Carrier Dome.
Elijah Hughes’ team-high 14 points led an Orange offense that saw four players reach double-digit scoring. Both Tyus Battle and Frank Howard contributed 12 while Marek Dolezaj tallied 10 for his first double-digit game of the season. Oshae Brissett fell just shy with nine points. Hughes led the Orange on the boards for the second-straight game, wrangling in seven rebounds.
Clemson’s Marcquise Reed recorded a game-high 16 points before fouling out of the game late in the second half.
- Game Recap & Stats (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse shuts down Clemson, 61-53, for 4th win in a row (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse overpowers Clemson in conference home-opener (Daily Orange)
- Orange take down the Tigers with stellar defense (NunesMagician.com)
COACH BOEHEIM POST GAME:
Best and worst from Syracuse basketball’s win vs. Clemson (Syracuse.com)
– Marek Dolezaj creates ‘matchup problem,’ sparks Syracuse’s win over Clemson (Daily Orange)
– Three takeaways from Syracuse’s 61-53 win over Clemson (NunesMagician.com)
– Dolezaj shines, constant turnovers and more takeaways from Syracuse’s win over Clemson (Daily Orange)
– Bourama Sidibe’s moves stand out in Syracuse’s win over Clemson (Syracuse.com)
– Photos: Syracuse basketball vs. Clemson (Syracuse.com)
— SyracuseOn247 (@SyracuseOn247) January 10, 2019
— Orange Fizz (@OrangeFizz) January 10, 2019
Syracuse goes for its fourth consecutive win when it hosts Clemson in its ACC home opener on Wednesday night. Tip off in the Carrier Dome is set for 8 p.m.
Syracuse opened ACC play with a victory for the second straight year with a 72-62 win at Notre Dame on Saturday. The Orange’s outside shooting was key in the win as they hit a season-high 12 3-pointers. Redshirt junior Elijah Hughes led the way with a career-high six as he scored a personal-best 22 points.
Clemson had its four-game winning streak snapped last Saturday after an 87-68 loss at No. 1 Duke. The Tigers enter Wednesday’s game with a 10-4 overall record and 0-1 in ACC play. Read More at Cuse.com
GAME DAY LINKS:
– Syracuse’s next opponent: What to know about Clemson (Daily Orange)
– What channel is Syracuse basketball vs. Clemson on? TV, live stream, tip time (Syracuse.com)
– Beat writers predict Syracuse to outlast Clemson in the Carrier Dome (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse betting line: Orange opens as small favorite over Clemson (Syracuse.com)
– Elijah Thomas boosts Clemson with versatility in third season (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse proves it can make defensive adjustments in win over Notre Dame (Daily Orange)
– What does Syracuse need to do to turn the corner? (NunesMagician.com)
– Film review: See how Bourama Sidibe impacted Syracuse’s ACC-opening win down the stretch (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse senior point guard Frank Howard being mentor to freshman star Jalen Carey (NunesMagician.com)
— SyracuseOn247 (@SyracuseOn247) January 9, 2019