Syracuse linebacker Zaire Franklin was selected in the seventh round (No. 235 overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday, April 28.
Franklin is the first Orange linebacker drafted since Marquis Spruill in 2014, and he is the fourth Syracuse played selected by the Colts since 1990 (Marvin Harrison – 1996, Dwight Freeney – 2002, Delone Carter – 2011).
A two-time All-ACC selection, Franklin played in 48 games (39 starts) for the Orange from 2014-17. He totaled 311 tackles, 31.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and two interceptions in his career. Franklin carded 85 tackles, including 5.5 for a loss, as a senior. Read More
ORANGE FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:
– Green Bay Packers sign Parris Bennett as free agent (NunesMagician.com)
– Indianapolis Colts sign Steve Ishmael as free agent (NunesMagician.com)
– Former Syracuse football LB Parris Bennett signs with Green Bay Packers (Syracuse.com)
– Former Syracuse football OT Jamar McGloster signing with San Francisco 49ers (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse football WR Steve Ishmael to join Colts as undrafted free agent (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse football WR Ervin Philips signs undrafted free agent deal with Buccaneers (Syracuse.com)