Skip to content

Fire department: Dog, candle caused small house fire in Auburn

Auburn firefighters extinguished a small house fire Tuesday night after a family's dog nudged some bedding near a candle, fire officials said.

The fire broke out at around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday at 115 Osborne St. Upon arrival, the Auburn Fire Department said first responders witnessed the residents tossing burning material out a bedroom window and rushed to put out the flames.

After the fire was extinguished, investigators discovered there had been a candle on the bedroom nightstand. Firefighters believed the family's dog may have knocked some bedding near the open flame while it was in a covered crate beside the nightstand.

The Citizen:
Read More

Top