Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York
 NEWS Local & World | Weather | Sports | Life | Business | Tech | Recent | Popular   IMAGES Photos | Cams | Video    FL1 Web Design & Hosting | Advertise   MEMBERS Login  
 INTERACT Forums | Blogs | Classifieds | Games   LOCAL INFO Events | Websites | Maps | Movie Times | Lottery | TV Listings | Obits | Horoscope | Scanners | Gas Prices
 Cayuga | Ontario | Rochester | Schuyler | Seneca | So. Tier | Syracuse | Tompkins | Wayne | Yates 




Garrett Chapel on Bluff Point (Gallery)

FingerLakes1.com - Photos by Nigel Kent, www.nigelpkent.com
Posted Wednesday, June 22, 2011 @ 12:11 am

The Garrett Chapel, also known as the “Little Chapel on the Mount” was built by Evelyn and Paul Garrett, who founded and
ran Garrett and Company from 1902 until 1940.  Garrett and Company was once among the largest wine producers in the world,
with peak output exceeding 10 million gallons per year.  Much of the grapes were grown on this very spot, on approximately 4000
acres of land in the Finger Lakes.  Today, the Garrett Chapel stands overlooking Keuka Lake as the last significant remnant of this once great organization. The chapel was erected in memory of Evelyn and Paul's son Charles, who died of tuberculosis in 1929.

On Sunday, June 20, 2011, Nigel Kent toured the chapel at Bluff Point in Yates County and took the following fantastic photos.

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Garrett Chpael on Bluff Point

Back to our homepage  |  Photos by Nigel Kent, www.nigelpkent.com  |  Learn more at http://www.garrettchapel.org

blog comments powered by Disqus

 FingerLakes1.com Local Network
© 2014 FingerLakes1.com, Inc.