|TCAT Winter-Spring Service begins 1/13|
TCAT’s 2013 winter‑spring service will be in effect Sun., Jan. 13, through Sun., May 18.
Routes adjusted include: 13, 14, 21, 31, 37, 41 and 43. Route changes were based on timing adjustments, ridership data and as a result of the Tompkins County Highway Division’s planned long‑term reconstruction project on Hanshaw Road, between Pleasant Grove Road and Sapsucker Woods Road. The project is expected to begin in March, but changes will go into effect on Jan. 13 to allow for scheduling consistency for passengers.
In addition, the weekend‑only Route 74 will be adjusted as well, but only when the construction project begins in March to alleviate inconvenience to passengers who will have fewer alternatives than those available with weekday service. TCAT will issue reminders at that time.
TCAT will distribute its comprehensive TCAT Schedules and Service Guide: Winter & Spring 2013 at key shelters in the coming days. In addition, the ride guide will be available online at www.tcatbus.com. Passengers who want individual schedules can also view and/or download them on TCAT’s web site. Or, passengers have the option of calling (607) 277‑RIDE and TCAT will gladly mail either the comprehensive service guide or individual schedules via the postal service.
Specific changes are:
Route 13: Outbound trips Mon.‑Fri. only (from Seneca St. Station to the Shops @ Ithaca Mall via Northside and Fall Creek) will operate 5 minutes later at the top of each hour (:00). Please note: this change does not affect the weekday‑only “school tripper,” which will continue to depart Seneca St. Station at 8:36 AM.
Route 14: Due to low ridership, the Route 14 will no longer serve the Professional Building on Saturdays and Sundays. On weekdays, the Route 14 outbound will serve the Professional Building with 7:00 AM through 4:00 PM trips only. (No 6:00 AM; 5:00 PM; 6:00 PM; 7:00 PM; and 8:00 PM outbound trips.)
Route 21: Inbound trip Mon‑Fri. trip departing Aubles Trailer Park at 1:40 PM will now serve Buffalo @ Fulton; Green @ Meadow (Agway); and Green @ Fayette at 2:05 PM, arriving at Green St. Station at 2:09 PM.
Route 31: Effective Mon., Jan 14, due to Hanshaw Road project, significant changes to the weekday‑only Route 31 will take place. This is regardless of construction date to allow for scheduling consistency.
· Route and departure times will remain the same from Green St. Station to Pleasant Grove @ Hanshaw outbound on Route 31.
· After serving Pleasant Grove @ Hanshaw at :18 minutes after the hour, the bus will travel eastbound on Hanshaw, northbound on Salem Drive, and serve Winston Court at :23 minutes after the hour. No northbound (outbound) service on Warren Road.
· After serving Winston Court, Rose Hill Rd., and Muriel St., the bus will detour around the construction zone, traveling eastbound on Hanshaw and southbound on NYS-Route 13, and serve Convenient Care at :35 minutes after the hour.
· After departing Convenient Care, the bus will travel southbound (inbound) on Warren Rd, serving DeWitt Middle School; Warren @ Hanshaw; and then continue via Warren; Forest Home; and Judd Falls to the Dairy Bar Across St. No inbound service on Hanshaw (westbound) and Pleasant Grove (southbound.)
· The bus will arrive at the Dairy Bar Across St. at :46 minutes after the hour (plus two other trips at 5:16 PM and 6:16 PM); at Uris Hall Across St. at :49 minutes after the hour (plus two other trips at 5:19 PM and 6:19 PM); and Seneca St. Station at :57 minutes after each hour (plus two other trips at 5:27 PM and 6:37 PM.)
· The 7:00 PM and 10:40 PM outbound trips from Green St. Station will serve Convenient Care on demand only, meaning passengers need to request the stop from bus operators.
· Passengers traveling outbound to Convenient Care can use Route 32 for more direct service on demand only, again meaning passengers need to request the stop from bus operators. Last Route 32 demand stop to Convenient Care from Green St. Station is 3 p.m.
· Passengers traveling inbound from Hanshaw or Pleasant Grove can board Route 31 at Warren @ Hanshaw or can board either Route 30 ( every 15 minutes at rush hour and every 30 minutes all other times) or Route 32 at Triphammer @ Hanshaw (every hour (:16) with additional rush hour trips at 8:01 AM; 4:46 PM; and 5:46 PM.)
· For inbound travelers, another option would be to cross the street to Pleasant Grove @ Hanshaw and use Route 31 outbound (approximately:18 after the hour). Bus will travel outbound to Winston Court and Convenient Care before continuing inbound to Cornell and then Downtown. This option may take longer, but may be easiest for passengers with limited mobility.
Route 37: Due to the Hanshaw Road construction project, this weekday‑only route will not serve inbound stops on Hanshaw and Pleasant Grove. Inbound trips will detour around the construction area using Warren and Forest Home to Judd Falls. Outbound trips and departure times on all trips will not be affected by this detour.
· Passengers traveling inbound from Hanshaw or Pleasant Grove can board Route 37 at Warren @ Hanshaw or can board Route 30 ( every 15 minutes at rush hour and every 30 minutes all other times) or Route 32 at Triphammer @ Hanshaw (every hour (:16) with additional rush hour trips at 8:01 AM; 4:46 PM; and 5:46 PM
· Or, cross the street to Pleasant Grove @ Hanshaw outbound and use Route 31 outbound (approximately:18 after the hour). Bus will travel outbound to Winston Court and Convenient Care before continuing inbound to Cornell and then Downtown. This option will take longer but may be easiest for passengers with limited mobility.
Route 41: Also due to long-term road construction on Hanshaw, inbound trips of the weekday‑only Route 41 may not be able to serve stops on Pleasant Grove and on Hanshaw, west of Sapsucker Woods Rd., depending on construction schedule. Departure times at timepoints as well as pick-up times in the demand-response zone are not affected. All outbound trips will continue to serve stops on Pleasant Grove and on Hanshaw, west of Sapsucker Road; and inbound trips will serve these stops whenever Hanshaw is open to westbound traffic. Passengers requiring inbound service to/from Pleasant Grove or Hanshaw, west of Sapsucker Woods Rd., are encouraged to contact TCAT at (607) 277-RIDE (7433) for assistance and up‑to‑date information with detours and alternative routing.
Route 43: Due to timing adjustments, the first four inbound trips of weekday‑only Route 43 will serve Varna 3 minutes earlier. The new departure times for Varna on these trips are 7:26 AM, 7:51 AM, 9:01 AM, and 9:31 AM. All other Route 43 departure times will remain the same.
Weekend Route 74: This is the one route impacted by the Hanshaw Road construction that will not go into effect until actual road work actually begins to alleviate inconvenience to passengers who have fewer alternatives than what is available during weekday service. During construction, Route 74 will be unable to serve Winston Court and Hanshaw @ Warren inbound. The Winston Court and Hanshaw @ Warren stops will be moved .5 miles to Dewitt Middle School. Changes are listed in ride guide and on schedules. In addition, TCAT will issue reminders when Route 74 changes go into effect.
blog comments powered by Disqus | News Desk | Sports Page | Living Section | Business | Technology
FingerLakes1.com Network SITE MAP