The Seneca County Sheriff's Office reports on November 29th at 6:45pm Sheriff Deputies responded to a house fire at 3713 Munson Rd in the Town of Ovid.
Upon Deputies arrival it was discovered that flames were coming from the rear of the residence. The fire was quickly extinguished by the Interlaken, Ovid and Lodi Fire Departments.
The property owner Menno R Stoltzfus, age 60 was out of town at the time of the fire, and there were no occupants inside the residence. The fire was contained to one room and only a small portion of the residence was damaged.
The fire is believed to have been the result of a faulty wood burning stove. The home is insured with Amish Fire Insurance.